have to start somewhere

well here goes , i feel like im' getting nowhere in my debt progress and not enjoying my life in the process. im 54 years old and feel like i can never retire. i have 6 years left on my house loan. only paid down 20,000 in four years  very discourging.i never feel like spending money, my paycheck come in out it goes for bills. makes me not want to do it anymore i feel like ive given up.
on another different note tho did u know a single pillow case is like 7.00 apiece and when you go lookin they never have any co;lors you like. So yesterday i tried my hand at makin my first one and really liked the way it came out. I have soooooooooo many fabrics from my quiltin days time to use it up.went to bed bath and beyound for inspiration . did u know for thoe really cute pillows they charge 20.00 each and i said to myself i could do that cheaper. thats another reason i wont buy in the stores. well thats all for now if i can find my camera charger maybe ill post pics next time. take care love deb.

Comments

  1. That's a hard one Debbie. I'm sure it's frustrating to feel like it's taking so long but look how far you've come. Twenty thousand in four years is great!

    Great job using your leftover fabric for pillow cases. I love to make use of things that might have gone to the bin. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Debbie! For many years, it felt like we were just spinning my wheels when it came to paying down our mortgage and loans, but once we got one loan paid off, and the money could be applied to the next, it quickly snowballed and soon we were debt-free, including our mortgage. So please don't be discouraged. Like Justices said, $20,000 is a lot of money for four years! Congratulations! Isn't it fun to be creative and save money at the same time?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts